Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

My demographic group is the Millennials (also called Generation Y or the echo boomers). "Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market." Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation pg. 73 “One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.” Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation pg. 74 I would have to agree with the details of this demographic group description because technology is a very important part of my life. I wouldn't be posting this blog without it! Everyday I use my cellphone, I will flip out if I don’t have it will me and I’m always on the computer. Plus technology is all around now days since everything is evolving. “According to another study, 77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging. “All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” says a Yahoo! Executive. For them, “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.”” Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation pg. 74. I would have to agree with this statement because I’m always on a social networking site! It’s just something I can always remember doing and it’s a fun way to chat with my friends. Plus no one wants to be the only person not using the new way to socialize with others. Especially when everyone else is using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment